UK Transport in Europe 4th Annual Transport Policy Forum
Tuesday 3rd – Wednesday 4th December 2013
European Parliament, Brussels
UK Transport in Europe (UKTiE) is pleased to invite you the 4th Annual Transport Policy Forum in the European Parliament, a unique forum for UK transport stakeholders at the heart of the EU.
The annual UKTiE Forum is characterised by high level speakers, key themes for the transport industry and the gathering of leading UK transport stakeholders, including major transport companies from different modes, the Department for Transport and the UK Representation to the EU.
High level speakers
This year the Forum will welcome key personalities from the industry and the EU Institutions. Among the speakers:
- Jacqueline Foster MEP, Conservative Transport Spokesperson in the European Parliament
- Brian Simpson MEP, Chairman of the Transport Committee in the European Parliament
- Tom King, Head of Government Affairs, British Airways
- Matthias Ruete, Director-General, DG Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Keir Fitch Deputy Head of Cabinet, Vice President Siim Kallas, European Commission
- Ms Sian Prout, Head of Unit B2, Single European Railway Area – DG MOVE, European Commission
- Johann Friedrich Colsman, Head of Transport, Building and Urban Development, Permanent Representation of Germany to the EU
- Said El Khadraoui MEP, Rapporteur on the Fourth Railway Package – Market Opening
The Forum will debate the last developments on EU transport regulation, with a particular focus on the three areas of aviation, rail and maritime transport.
In addition, representatives from the EU Institutions will debate expectations for 2014 and beyond. 2014 will be an interesting year for the European Union because of the changes in the European Parliament and Commission, and the years ahead will provide many challenges and opportunities.
Interactivity and Networking
The interactive nature of this year’s Forum will allow participants to discuss key themes with the speakers after the sessions and during the panel debates.
The discussion will then continue in a more informal environment during an open networking reception on Tuesday and a working lunch on Wednesday.
Please note that this year the “Chatham House” dinner with the speakers is reserved to UKTiE Members*
Registration costs £80 + VAT**, which includes all catering expenses.
For further information, sponsorship and registration please contact:
(*) You can join UKTiE and get all the benefits for only £2.000 a year – For more information please see the contact section of this website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(**) Free of charge for UKTiE members.