Growth, jobs, freedom, security, justice, energy union and a stronger EU in the world – these are the top priorities for the Council of the European Union over the next 18 months.
The trio sets long-term goals and prepares a common agenda for the Council for the next 18 months. Covering the period between January 2016 and June 2017, the current work programme is based on the recent European Council conclusions and strategic agenda and covers five pillars:
- jobs, growth and competitiveness
- empowering and protecting citizens
- energy union and climate policy
- freedom, security, justice
- EU as a strong global actor